About 85 percent of our seafood is imported, and other countries usually don’t have the same hygiene standards that the United States employs. It’s been reported fish farmers in China feed their fish and shrimp pig feces. Vietnam packs their shrimp in ice made from unclean tap water. Factories can be dirty, with flies landing on seafood. With these kind of things going on out there its extremely important that we learn about how to keep our Seafood supply safe and have the ability to identify particular species related hazards and process related hazards.
The Association of Food and Drug Officials and the Seafood HACCP Alliance have developed a uniform and cost-effective AFDO/Alliance hazard analysis & critical control point (HACCP) training program for fish and fishery products. The primary purpose of the AFDO/Alliance HACCP Training Protocol is to assist the implementation of HACCP programs in commercial and regulatory settings.
The Basic Seafood HACCP course can be taken by choosing one of two options:
1. Attending a "live" 16 – 20 hour course, or
2. Taking the course in two parts or "segments".
Segment One is the Seafood HACCP Internet Course hosted by Cornell University. Upon completion of Segment One, you will receive a confirmation email from Cornell University. This completion notice is required for participation in the Segment Two Course.
Those who complete the Internet course are eligible to attend a one-day Segment Two course taught by an Alliance instructor. Upon completion of both the Segment One Internet Course and the "live" Segment Two course, participants will receive a Certificate of Course Completion from the Association of Food and Drug Officials (AFDO) to demonstrate that they meet the training requirement of the FDA Seafood HACCP regulation. This training sequence is equivalent to the training received by attending a standard “live” three-day Alliance training course.
- March 22, 2014 - Austin, TX
- April 5, 2014 - Lakewood, CA
- May 24, 2014 - Lakewood, CA
- June 28, 2014 - Lakewood, CA
- August 30, 2014 - Lakewood, CA
- September 27, 2014 - Lakewood, CA
- October 18, 2014 - Dallas, TX
- October 25, 2014 - Lakewood, CA
- November 1, 2014 - Lakewood, CA
- November 15, 2014 - Dallas, TX
- November 29, 2014 - Lakewood, CA
- December 13, 2014 - Dallas, TX
- January 17, 2015 - Dallas, TX
- February 14, 2015 - Dallas, TX
- March 21, 2015 - Austin, TX
- April 25, 2015 - Lakewood, CA
- March 7, 2014 - Lakewood, CA
- April 24, 2014 - Dallas, TX
- July 17, 2014 - Dallas, TX
- October 10, 2014 - Lakewood, CA
- October 23, 2014 - Dallas, TX
- November 14, 2014 - Lakewood, CA
- December 4, 2014 - Lakewood, CA
- January 8, 2015 - Lakewood, CA
- February 13, 2015 - Lakewood, CA
Private Training Available
Group Pricing Available
Call 562-292-0555 for information